About Me: This is a short write up for my MBA application in 2012

20:58 anas 1 Comments

With the rising numbers of young inspiring employees becoming the Chief Executives Officers (“CEO”) at various government link and private companies, I am therefore more than determined to be one of those young excellent CEO’s in these coming years. 

At the age of 29, I plan to enroll myself into the Master’s of Business Administration (“MBA”) course in Universiti Teknologi Mara (“UiTM”) and I see myself holding a respectable position in various companies by the age of 33 and above.

By having a clear goal in my head, I believe MBA is one of the things which is needed for me to accomplish my career goal.

I graduated in Bachelor of Business Management (Transport) from UiTM in 2006. I completed my tertiary education at a Methodist school in Klang. My parents asked me to further my studies on MBA after my degree program but I insisted to work. Reason for opting career is because I need to have the industry knowledge and I myself wants to study instead of being pushed by someone else. Up to now, I have been working for more than 6 years since the day I left UiTM.

I started my career by joining Maersk Logistics (M) Sdn Bhd. They are a well-known Multinational Company focusing in the shipping and logistics industry. I stayed there for 2 years before I joined Sapura Crest Petroleum Bhd (“Sapura”) which is known as Sapura Kencana Petroleum Berhad due to the new joint venture between Sapura and Kencana Petroleum Bhd.  

Their company is listed in Kuala Lumpur Stock Exchange (“KLSE”) main board.  Having work there for 4 years, it has opened up my mind of becoming the CEO one day. A dream is nothing without dedication and perseverance and thus it has ignited a burning desire for me to study and improve my skills.

Based on my research, I found that most senior managers and board of directors, they need to have a strong background in accounting, finance and have masters certificate. All these are necessities for company’s growth.  

Working at the executive level deals more with internal issues but management level will need to think outside the box as they will deal with clients, markets, public expectations, government and competitors. Having mentioned all this, I strongly see the importance of having MBA. In short, I plan to pursue my masters based on followings: -
  1. For personal gain which is beneficial for career;
  2. Enhance the leadership skills with the in-house training (classes, assignments, group discussions and report writings);
  3. Improve the decision making skills as this is a skill which needs to be learned theoretically and daily at work;
  4. To serve better to the company that I am working for.
It takes a lot of time, dedication, commitment and discipline to complete part time master’s program. This world is a cruel world. Nobody will wait and hold your hands in the corporate world. To survive and to be better, you need to get ready for all the challenges which can sometimes makes your life go haywire.  

Therefore, I am taking this opportunity to prove to myself that I can give my commitment to work and also pursue my MBA at the same time. One of my referees is my Department General Manager. She herself knows that study part time is not easy especially in the industry I am working with. However, she mentioned that the desire to study is good and to complete the program is the reward.

In working environment, there are employees who shines from the early stage of their career and managed to climb the ladder fast and there are employees who take their own sweet time to climb the ladder. If we don’t take the challenge now, it will be hard for employers to notice us.

Lastly, MBA is one of my dreams when I was a little boy as I still remembers reading my dad’s MBA pocket book. So now is my time to have my own MBA certificate which will be something I can be proud of one day.

You Might Also Like

1 comment:

  1. BERITA BAIK

    Adakah anda berfikir untuk mendapatkan bantuan kewangan, adakah anda serius memerlukan pinjaman segera, anda memikirkan memulakan perniagaan anda sendiri, anda berada dalam hutang, ini adalah peluang anda untuk mencapai hasrat anda kerana kami menyediakan pinjaman peribadi, pinjaman perniagaan, dan pinjaman korporat , Dan segala macam pinjaman pada kadar faedah 2%. Kami adalah Syarikat Pinjaman yang sah, kami menjamin semua pelanggan berharga kami bahawa mereka akan mendapatkan semua pinjaman individu dengan senyuman di wajah mereka.
    Untuk maklumat lanjut sila hubungi kami sekarang melalui e-mel:
    Susanbowmanloancompany@gmail.com

    dan anda juga boleh pergi ke syarikat Via whatsapp dengan nombor ini
    +120275328718
    anda boleh memanggil atau teks kami pada nombor itu

    ReplyDelete